Vella Wine Bar

10:38 AM

Address:
1480 2nd Ave,
New York,
NY 10075

Came here on a Monday day with reservations for three, but probably didn't even need one because the restaurant was pretty empty. I came a bit early, so the guy in the front greeted me and seated me first. After about 10 minutes, a waiter finally comes and offers me water. I really like the loud music selections in the background, it gives it a more friendly vibe. This place also seems like a good place to go on a date and such. Very calming interior; with dim lights and candles. 

There were a couple of dishes on the menu that caught my interest. But the menu seems pretty limited to options. As appetizers, we ordered the Clams, and Steak Tartare. We ordered the Lobster Mac and Cheese, Linguine with Lamb Meatballs, and the Braised Short Ribs as entrees. Guess what...I genuinely did love everything that we ordered! I especially like the Steak Tartare,  maybe because I've never had it before, but it was definitely an interesting combination of raw steak spread with bread and salad. I really thought it was great but wish the meat was a tad bit more flavorful or the meat to be a little more harder, that way I can really taste it because I feel like the meat gets lost in the bread. My Lobster Mac and Cheese was also amazing. Probably one of the best Mac and cheese I've ever had. Being a big fan of cheese, this was like every cheese-lovers dream. Combined with shreds of lobster..this dish is a must-try! I would also like to mention that the waiter was extremely kind and patient. He was the only actual waiter in the restaurant, and he was amazing at making sure that everything was going well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe